[R] Examples of advanced data visualization

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:46:52 CET 2008

Tom Backer Johnsen <backer <at> psych.uib.no> writes:

> [...]
> The question is interesting, but what I have a somewhat negative
> reaction to is the next passage:
> >
> > Please answer to my e-mail address. In case enough interesting material
> > comes up, I will enter a summary here.
>
> It is nice that you are willing to summarize whatever appears, but
> somewhat arrogant in my eyes.  There might be things appearing that you
> do not regard as of first interest that might be of interest to others.
>   Therefore, the all parts of the discussion or responses should be
> public as well.  The response of David Winsemius pointing at (among
> other things) at the presentation of Rosling at TED is in my eyes a very
> good start.
>
> In other words, I therefore suggest that the list ignores the last
> paragraph in the question from you.
> >
> > Hans Werner Borchers
> > ABB Corporate Research
>
> Tom

Tom is right here. What I should have said / intended to say was something like
"You can _also_ answer to my e-mail address...". I feel sorry that this
misstatement caused a distraction from my request.

Coming back to the original question: We all know the many pages about R
graphics and its numerous features and skills. Therefore, I am more interested
in data visualizations not yet implemented or made available in R.

I am also wondering if the "R Wiki" would be a better place to publish summaries
on topics discussed here. On the mailing list, summaries are forgotten within
one or two months time, only to be retrieved in specific searches.

Comments on any of the issues mentioned are welcome.

Hans Werner