[R] question about working with workspaces

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 1 18:37:51 CEST 2008

Daniel Rabczenko wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Two - I hope Simple questions about working with workspaces.
>
> Is there a way to force R to start in "clean" workspace / avoid "previously
> saved workspace restored"?

Start with --no-restore.  (Start with --help for the full list of
command line options.)

> When I load workspace"2" working in workspace"1" everything from "1" is
> written into "2" is there a way to avoid it?

Nothing is written into 2 until you save the workspace. I think you mean
can use the rm() function first to delete the things you don't want to
keep.   Use rm(list=ls(all=TRUE)) to do that --- but use it carefully,
it's irreversible.

Duncan Murdoch