[R] namespaces

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 2 17:23:42 CEST 2008

On 02/10/2008 11:03 AM, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> I'd like to control my namespace thoroughly, separated by task.  Is
> there a way, in R session, to introduce namespaces for tasks
> dynamically and switch them as needed?  Or, is there a combination of
> load/save workspace steps which can facilitate this?

"namespace" has a specific meaning in R associated with packages, but I
think you are using it more generally.

The search() list in R controls what is visible when executing commands
in the console.  You can attach and detach things from there to control
visibility.

You can also control the environment of a function, so that searches for
non-local variables go where you want.

Duncan Murdoch