[R] namespaces

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:37:19 CEST 2008

The trick about setting the windows title is quite nifty and I've just
added that to my profile.

Just wanted to add two additional ways to start up R in the current directory
on Windows.  They are provided in the batchfiles distribution.  See home
page at:
   http://batchfiles.googlecode.com

1. If you tend to work from the Windows console then starting R via the
Rgui.bat command will do it and

2. if you tend to use Windows explorer right clicking a folder, choosing SendTo
and then choosing RguiStart.bat will also do it.

Installing Rgui.bat consists only of copying that file to any folder
on your PATH
and installing RguiStart.bat consists of the single line:

copy RguiStart.bat %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

Both Rgui.bat and RguiStart.bat automatically find the current
version of R in the registry which is why there is no additional
setup needed.  More info is in the README.