[R] Bias in sample - Logistic Regression

Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com
Thu Oct 2 23:10:29 CEST 2008

Hi Shiva,

Maybe you are interested in the following paper:

Learning when Training Data are Costly: The Effect of Class Distribution
on Tree Induction. G. Weiss and F. Provost.  Journal of Artificial
Intelligence Research 19 (2003) 315-354.

For validating the models in those enviroments,

William Elazmeh, Nathalie Japkowicz, Stan Matwin. (2006). A Framework
for Comparative Evaluation of Classifiers in the Presence of Class
Imbalance. Proceedings of the third Workshop on ROC Analysis in Machine
Learning, Pittsburgh, USA.

Regards,

Pedro