[R] color code from csv

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 00:07:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

I don't know how to get R to use the hex codes, but as an alternative
strategy you can use colors() to get a (much longer than 8) list of
all the colors that R "knows", and use that with your index:

plot(x, y, col=colors()[datacolor])

It takes a bit of fiddling to get distinguishable colors that you like,
but not too hard. Conveniently, there's a color chart here:
http://research.stowers-institute.org/efg/R/Color/Chart/

You can also try rainbow() and it's relatives (describe in ?rainbow).

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org