[R] Tinn-R explorer used to be my friend

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 07:26:54 CEST 2008

I got it to work. After many hours of agonizing. The answer was right
under my nose but there were a few complications.

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=864071
How to install and configure Tinn-R 2.0.0.7 (XP and Vista)

If one just tries R>Configure>Permanent(Rprofile.site) then I do not
think one gets the right stuff. The right stuff is posted on the
forum.

One complication that I had at home is that my computer runs Vista and
it is a pain in the rear because of "user access control" which would
not let me save Rprofile.site. I got around that by opening Tinn-R as
"Run as administrator". I do not quite understand that because I am an
administrator on my machine. But who am I to ask questions --- it
works.

If you cannot do it I am quite prepared to show you using crossloop.
Farrel Buchinsky