[R] plyr package: passing further arguments fails

Auguie, Baptiste ba208 at exeter.ac.uk
Sun Oct 5 19:16:56 CEST 2008

I've found a temporary workaround that may be useful to nail down the problem (if problem there is),

If I quote() each additional argument to be passed to fun., everything works fine:

df <- data.frame(a=1:10 , b=1:10)

foo1 <- function(a, b, cc=0, d=0){
        a + b + cc + d
}

mdply(df, foo1, cc=1, d=2) # obscure (to me) failure
mdply(df, foo1, quote(cc=1), quote(d=2))

Best wishes,

baptiste