[R] stepplr

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Oct 6 18:31:16 CEST 2008

stephen sefick wrote:
> you are going to have to install it from source-  look at the type
> argument in ?install.packages.  There is no windows binary.

The reason is that stepplr fails the checks under Windows, hence we do
not provide a binary version. Please ask the package maintainer to fix
the Windows issue.

Indeed, as Stephen Sefick pointed out already, if you want to risk using
a package that does not pass the checks, you will need to compile it
yourself.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges