[R] sort a list?

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:56:41 CEST 2008

Exactly what were your expections from sorting the list?  What did you
expect the answer to look like?  You can 'unlist' the list and then
sort the elements:

> x[["A"]] <- 1:10
> x[["B"]] <- 4:12
> sort(unlist(x))
 A1  A2  A3  A4  B1  A5  B2  A6  B3  A7  B4  A8  B5  A9  B6 A10  B7  B8  B9
  1   2   3   4   4   5   5   6   6   7   7   8   8   9   9  10  10  11  12

Is this what you want?