[R] Creating GUIs for R

Michael Bibo michael_bibo at health.qld.gov.au
Thu Oct 9 01:15:35 CEST 2008

Wade Wall <wade.wall <at> gmail.com> writes:

> What I am wanting to do is learn to build some simple GUIs for a limited
> number of functions. Basically, I am envisioning a screen with check boxes,
> a drop down menu etc. that users could select to run analyses on imported
> data.

The R Gui Generator (http://rgg.r-forge.r-project.org/gettingstarted.html)
might be sufficient to meet your needs.  I have only just started looking at
it myself, so I'm not speaking from experience, but it seems fairly
straightforward to define Gui components in an XML file.

Michael Bibo
Queensland Health