[R] error installing lattice package

Waichler, Scott R Scott.Waichler at pnl.gov
Thu Oct 9 05:18:43 CEST 2008

> > I just updated my Redhat EL systems to R-2.7.2, and tried
> to update my
> > packages as well.  Lattice is one that failed.  What do I
> need to do?
>
> Install the R-devel RPM?  (Assuming you installed R from an RPM.)

Yes, I installed R from an RPM.  Installing the R-devel RPM worked on
one machine without any trouble, but it required a number of other
prerequisite RPMs on other machines.  I never had this trouble before in
updating R with an RPM.  Also, even on the machine where R-devel worked,
updating of four packages still failed, for lack of header files, etc.
I guess I'll just hope that R-2.8 doesn't have these problems for me.