[R] Running R under Sun Grid Engine with OpenMPI tight integration

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 9 15:18:23 CEST 2008

We have spent some time setting up Sun Grid Engine and OpenMPI on a
group of linux boxes.  I have created a parallel environment and
everything seems to be working.  I have Rmpi 0.5.5-5 installed on all
machines.  I would like to start an interactive R session using, say,
8 processors and then start the Rmpi cluster.  I haven't been able to
find what needs to be done in order to accomplish this task.  Is
anyone using R in such an environment that can point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,
Sean