[R] Dump decision trees of randomForest object

Christian Sturz linuxkaffee at gmx.net
Thu Oct 9 22:30:26 CEST 2008

I've tried the getTree() function and printed a decision tree with print().
However, it seems to me that it's hard to parse this representation and
translate it into equivalent if-then-else C constructs. Are there no other
ways to dump the trees into a more hierarchical form?

What do you exactly mean with the prediction in the source package?

Maybe what I wanted to ask goes in the same direction: let's say I've learned
a random forest model from a learning set. Now I would like to use it in the
future as classifier to predict new examples. How can this be done? Can I save
a learned model and than invoke R with new examples and applied them to
the saved model without again training the random forest from scratch? If so,
please give me some hints how to do that.

Regards,
Chris

-------- Original-Nachricht --------