[R] boxplot and stripchart

Göran Broström goran.brostrom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:34:58 CEST 2008

I want to make illustrations a la boxplot for a data material with
several groups. Some of the groups are very small, so a boxplot
doesn't make sense. I would like to use stripchart for these groups.
On the other hand, some of the groups are very large, so for them
stripchart isn't so good. So my question is: Is it possible to combine
boxplots and and stripcharts in one figure? (Of course, in R anything
is possible, but I mean in a simple way.) Or is there some other good
alternative for a case like this?

--
Göran Broström