[R] graphics

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sun Oct 12 11:54:48 CEST 2008

Darja Poklukar wrote:
> I just want to ask how to enlarge the resolution of my plots in R. For ex. for publising I would like a picture of resolution minimal 500 dpi, all I managed was picture of dim 5,28 X 5,83 with 118 pixels/cm.

Hi Darja,
The usual answer is to increase the size of the image. For example, if
you are using the one of the bitmapped devices, the default resolution
is 480x480 pixels. If you now have 118 pixels/cm (300 dpi) and you were
using the default resolution, by specifying 800x800 pixels, you should
get the desired output resolution when the image is scaled to your
output size.

Jim