[R] Sweave from Kile

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Oct 13 21:35:37 CEST 2008

Hi Matthieu,

> Does anybody have experience with Sweave run from Kile? I'm trying to
> make it run but have problems and don't know if the instructions are
> false or I do something wrong (my knowledge in bash and shell is too low
> to understand it)...

It would help if you stated that you use "mine" Sweave.sh i.e. the one from
http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/scripts/Sweave.sh. I will assume you
do.

I will start with the second problem

> 2: If I run kile with sudo (sudo Kile), the problem disappears but a new
>one comes
>> SweaveOnly output:
>> ***** cd '/media/Partition_Commune/Mes documents/Ordi/LaTex/Sweave'
>> ***** Sweave.sh −ld '\example1Leisch.Rnw'
>> *****
>> Run Sweave and postprocess with LaTeX directly from command line
>> −ld is not a supported file type!
>> It should be one of: .lyx, .Rnw, .Snw., .nw or .tex
> Is the instructions false? Or do I do something wrong?

Is there a single - or double - i.e. --. If I issue the following

$ Sweave.sh --ld test.Rnw

Run Sweave and postprocess with LaTeX directly from command line

--ld is not a supported file type!
It should be one of: .lyx, .Rnw, .Snw., .nw or .tex

I get the same error.

> 1: finished with exit status 126
>> SweaveOnly output:
>> ***** cd '/media/Partition_Commune/Mes documents/Ordi/LaTex/Sweave'
>> ***** Sweave.sh −ld '\example1Leisch.Rnw'
>> *****
>> /bin/bash: /usr/local/bin/Sweave.sh: Permission non accordée
> in english: permission not given

It seems that chmod did not behave as you expected. First check file
permissions with

ls -l /usr/local/bin/Sweave.sh

On my computer I get

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 30K 2008-04-30 11:17 /usr/local/bin/Sweave.sh*

Note that x is there three times i.e. anyone can run this script, the user, the
group and others.

Try with

sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/Sweave.sh

and check the file permissions.