[R] Remove warnings.

rkevinburton at charter.net rkevinburton at charter.net
Tue Oct 14 14:59:39 CEST 2008

I have a function that could possibly generate warnings in a loop. What I want is to report the warnings (warnings()) then clear out the last.warning object so that if there is a call without warnings I will not see the previous warning.
Some example code:

generatewarning <- function(s)
{
	warning(s)
}

loop <- function(f=TRUE)
{
    if(f)
    {
	for(.index in 1:10)
	{
     		if(.index %% 2)
     		{
          		generatewarning(sprintf("%d warning", .index))
     		}
	}
     }
}

loop()
warnings("TRUE")
loop(FALSE)
warnings("FALSE")
loop()
warnings("TRUE")

Notice that the call to "warnings("FALSE")" still reports the warnings from the previousely generated warnings. I want to "clear" this set since it has already been reported. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Kevin