[R] problem using R

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Oct 14 15:10:14 CEST 2008

Hi, get any of the manuals that are an introduction to R, e.g. from CRAN,
which describe the steps of how to start in R. You can google-search them
too. You will find what it takes to do that in there.

Hints:

1. R is object oriented. That is, your read.table command creates an object
Wdbc. It does not show you the content of this object unless you call the
object.
2. You have to tell hist() where it has to look for "area". In other words,
hist() does not know that "area" is to be found in "Wdbc". There are
multiple ways to do this. Again, consult an introductory manual.

Other than that I agree with Duncan, your teacher is being paid for helping
you with these very basic problems.

Cheers,
Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus