[R] AIC score

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:27:58 CEST 2008

Choosing the model with minimum AIC is just one consideration that
might be used.  If you look at books such as McQuarrie and Tsai
(1998), Regression and Time Series Model Selection, World Scientific,
you will find about 450 pages dealing mainly with the use of this and
similar criteria to select appropriate models.   You could also look
at Konishi and Kitagawa (2008), Information Criteria and Statistical
Modeling, Springer.  You will then realise that there is no simple
answer to your question.

John Frain