[R] Help with matplot

Garcia Carreras, Bernardo bernardo.garcia-carreras08 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 12:19:33 CEST 2008

Hi, I apologise in advance for the naïve question. I have large matrices that I want to plot. I currently use color2D.matplot. However, these matrices contain many values of no interest (i.e. where there is no data, the figure -999 is automatically displayed). Is there any way of removing these from the matrices to be plotted by matplot? An obvious possibility is setting them all to 0, but that introduces 'false data'. I also see that matplot does not have a way of dealing with NaNs. Is this actually the case? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!

Bernardo