[R] How to make the connection between MikTEX and R

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:30:45 CEST 2008

Suppose foo.Rnw is in \a\b and you have placed
MiKTeX in the default place when you installed it
and suppose that when you installed R you did
not prevent it from writing to the reigstry.  Then:

1. Go to the link I gave already, read everything
there, go to the download page and download
batchfiles_0.3-2.zip

2. Unzip that, read the README and
place sweave.bat in \a\b (or anywhere in
your PATH).

3. Press Windows-R to get into Windows console
and type:

cd \a\b
Sweave foo.Rnw