[R] plot - central limit theorem

Yihui Xie xieyihui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 06:51:25 CEST 2008

Thanks, Roger, your demo is interesting. I'm thinking about improving it later.

I've also made a demo for the CLT in my package 'animation', in which
there's also normality testing for the sample means, because I don't
think "bell-shaped" alone means normality - so I performed the
Shapiro-Wilk test and plotted the P-values under the demo. See the
function clt.ani() in the package 'animation', or
http://animation.yihui.name/prob:central_limit_theorem

You can use any function to denote the population (specify the
argument 'FUN') in clt.ani().

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>
Phone: +86-(0)10-82509086 Fax: +86-(0)10-82509086