[R] correlation

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:24:52 CEST 2008

This may be incorrect, but couldn't you just assign a number to the
ratings 1:4 and then scatterplot them agianst N (x-axis).  Or you may
want to plot boxplots of N by water quality ratings.  If these are
water quality ratings derived from aquatic macroinvertebrates and you
have access to the actual count information (reguardless of taxanomic
level) you may want to consider some ordination techniques to see if
there is an ecological gradient underlying your taxa information.
hope this helps and good luck

Stephen