[R] ggplot2 scale relation free

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 22:19:17 CEST 2008

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the kind words about ggplot2 :)

The next version of ggplot2 will implement the equivalent of scale
relation free - I've just finished writing the bulk of the code and
now I'm getting all the edge cases working.  However, what you
describe sounds like you want multiple scales on a single plot - and
that's not something that ggplot is likely to ever support.  However,
it's relatively easy to rescale the variables yourself (provided you
have some consistent way of doing so), and if you have a concrete
example I'd be happy to show you how.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/