[R] Fwd: Categorial Response Questions

andyer weng nzandyer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 08:10:32 CEST 2008

hi all,

For my question in the first email below, I found I made a mistake on
my coding in the previous email, the one I was trying to type should
be

> grouped.titanic.df<-data.frame(group.age.group=sort(unique(titanic.df$age.group)),
+ expand.grid(sex=sort(unique(titanic.df$sex)),pclass=sort(unique(titanic.df$pclass))),
+ r=as.vector(tapply(titanic.df$survived,titanic.df$age.group,sum)),
+ n=as.vector(tapply(titanic.df$survived,titanic.df$age.group,length)))

Error in data.frame(group.age.group = sort(unique(titanic.df$age.group)),  :
  arguments imply differing number of rows: 8, 6

please advise what I have done wrong? why the error message come up.
Am I doing the right thing to fix the question i mentioned in the
first email (the bottom email)?

Cheers. Andyer