[R] R 2.7.2 missing something in the install packages menu functions...

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 18 21:32:53 CEST 2008

What OS, which 'menu'?  Is it my imagination or does the posting guide no
lomger ask you for 'at a minimum' the output of sessionInfo() ?

Rgui (for Windows) has used dependencies=NA (sic, the default for
install.packages) since late 2006.  And if you meant the MacOS R.app, that
has a separate version number from R itself (and a separate mailing list,
r-sig-mac).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk