[R] Dep setting for install of packages...

Brian Lunergan ff809 at ncf.ca
Sun Oct 19 02:30:54 CEST 2008

Evening again folks:

Bear with me while crow is consumed. I had asserted that 2.7.2 had dep = NA
while prior installations had it turned on. Incorrect on my part. Dumped
that version and stepped back two iterations to 2.7.0. Tried it with that
one and the setting is indeed off for installing by menu. My apologies for
the lack of information in my original post and for what has clearly turned
out to be a misconception on my part.

My question now... Is there a modification I can make to turn dep back on
when using the menu without recompiling, or is install.packages() the only
way to install and have the program chase the needed dependencies for a
package?

BTW, here is a more detailed look at the current run with 2.7.0.

R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_Canada.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_Canada.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_Canada.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Canada.1252

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.7.0

OS is Windows XP SP2

Chose Ontario, Canada using Packages>Set CRAN mirror

Chose ctv using Packages>Install package(s). ctv was all that was pulled in.

Retried using install.packages("ctv", dep = TRUE) at the prompt and pulled
in XML and ctv.

--

Brian Lunergan
Nepean, Ontario