[R] help

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Sun Oct 19 18:31:31 CEST 2008

Sonam <sonam <at> ms.ie.u-ryukyu.ac.jp> writes:

> hello there,
>
> can anyone tell me how to correct this error, "Error in
> nlm(if(analytic.gradient) objective.2 else objective.1, start,: probable
> coding error in analytic gradient)"
>
> thanks in advance.
> sonam

  Look for an error in your analytic gradient function? :-)
  If that doesn't help, we need a lot more information -- start
by reading the posting guide and then (1) tell us what you're
trying to do, (2) what packages or functions you're using
(I'm guessing nlm, but it might be deeply nested within some
other functions) -- sessionInfo() output is always helpful --
and (3) PROVIDE A REPRODUCIBLE EXAMPLE!

  cheers
    Ben Bolker