[R] Handling complex sampling designs in R

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 22:31:12 CEST 2008

Dear professor Kaplan,

> I typically need to analyze data from large scale surveys obtained under
> complex sampling designs and where sampling weights are provided.  I
> suspect that weights can be handled for some, but not all, packages.
> Can someone point me to information about which packages can incorporate
> sampling weights?

The most feature-rich package to analyze data originating
from complex sampling designs is the survey package
by Thomas Lumley.

A feature list (as well as a wide assortment of package
documentation) can be found at

http://faculty.washington.edu/tlumley/survey/

The package itself can be installed from CRAN

install.packages("survey")

Kind regards,
Tobias Verbeke