[R] pass longer arguments to adj of text()

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:39:29 CEST 2008

Brian, thank you for your reply.

> Why do you expect this to be vectorized when the help page clearly says
> otherwise?

Sure, it's in line with the help, no problem there. I just asked if
this feature is somehow possible.
I expected it, because "pos" does take arrays and it "overrides any
adj value given" (see help). So if "pos" does, why not "adj"?

> What is wrong with two or more text() calls?

it's quicker and more beautiful.
See my code at the end (last loop) of
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Sonnenstand.png

Thomas

> NB: library(fortunes); fortune("WTFM") applies.

This one I didn't get. They help to do it without a loop?