[R] How to save/load RWeka models into/from a file?

Paulo Cortez pcortez at dsi.uminho.pt
Tue Oct 21 16:47:22 CEST 2008

Kurt Hornik wrote:
> Using a current version of rJava, you can register the Java side objects
> for serialization using .jcache().
>
> E.g.,
>
>   m1 <- J48(Species ~ ., data = iris)
>   .jcache(m1$classifier)
>
> then save/load will work as expected.
>
> Eventually, the above may happen automagically.
>
> -k

Thanks, it works quite well in my MacOS.

Yet, in a linux machine (Fedora 9, R version 2.7.2, latest rJava and
RWeka versions has found in the berkeley server), sometimes the save
function produces a Segmentation fault. Since I am working with large
datasets (email filtering), I wonder if there is any
bug/limitation/problem of rJava/RWeka for large models (e.g. NaiveBayes
with more than 1000 inputs).

Regards,
--
Paulo Alexandre Ribeiro Cortez  (PhD, MSc)
Lecturer (Prof. Auxiliar) at the Department of Information Systems (DSI)