[R] distributions and glm

drbn drbn at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 20:22:43 CEST 2008

Thanks for your clear response, Ruben.

I'm trying to fit the data of each year in a distribution because my data is
truncated at fixed points to the right and to the left (each year). By
fitting a truncate distribution I think I will be able to get an unbiased
estimate of the yearly mean.

But, as you said, each mean come from different distributions. As I'm not
able to write my own glm, I'd like to know if posibly exists some
alternative. Is possible, for instance, to model the data of each year with
a nonlinear function and estimate the mean and other parameters from this
function? Are these means more appropiate to use in a glm?

Thanks in advance

David