[R] Determine package version in R

cddesjar cddesjardins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 20:54:58 CEST 2008

I have two versions of the lattice package installed on my computer.  One is
at /usr/local/lib/R/site-library and the other one is at /usr/lib/R/library.
The one at the former location is the newer version and the one that I want
to make sure get's loaded for my class.  The reason that I have two versions
installed is that the one in /usr/lib/R/library came in when I installed R
in Debian, whereas the one in /usr/local/lib/R/site-library is one that I
got from CRAN.

How can I check to make sure that this version gets loaded or should I just
run R CMD INSTALL lattice-x.y.z.tar.gz to /usr/lib/R/library?

Chris