[R] pdf creation error

Stephan Kolassa Stephan.Kolassa at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 21:28:09 CEST 2008

Hi JD,

do you have the pdf open in some app, e.g., Acrobat Reader? If the file
is open, R can't write on it. My (German) errors in this case look like
yours:

Fehler in pdf(paste(pic.directory, "/full_map.pdf", sep = "")) :
   unable to start device pdf
Zusätzlich: Warning message:
In pdf(paste(pic.directory, "/full_map.pdf", sep = "")) :
   cannot open 'pdf' file argument 'Pictures/full_map.pdf'

Just close the Acrobat Reader or whatever.

Best,
Stephan