[R] card games

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Oct 22 17:39:53 CEST 2008

Why do you want this?  To play during a break? Or to demonstrate probabilities? Or to simulate games using different strategies?

There are some functions with names like card.game in the kappalab package, but they don't look like they do the type of card game you play.  If you just want to play something during a break and do not need it to be a card game, then there is the sudoku package.  I don't know of any other packages currently out there.

Otherwise, some more detail of what you want could be helpful.  Blackjack would not be too hard to program (computer/dealer has a fixed strategy), but poker could be more difficult if you want the computer to have a realistic strategy (not as hard if all players are human, but keeping the cards private becomes more difficult then).

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org