[R] compiling from sources

Bill Szkotnicki bszk at uoguelph.ca
Thu Oct 23 16:08:52 CEST 2008

Hi,
I am trying to compile R from sourced on a newly installed centos 5.2
x86_64 system.
All is well when I do it without x11 butr I want to use x
I am getting the message below regarding an incompatible library for x.
Would anyone have information on how to solve this or get the correct
version of libSM?
Thank you,
gcc -std=gnu99 -shared -L/usr/local/lib64 -o R_X11.so dataentry.o
devX11.o rotated.o rbitmap.o -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lpng12 -lfreetype
-lfontconfig -lz -lcairo   -lX11 -lXt -lXmu  -ljpeg -lpng -lz   -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libSM.so when searching for -lSM
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSM