[R] code works in R desktop but not iin RWeb - How do I modify to get it working in RWeb, please?

Natalie O'Toole notoole at mtroyal.ca
Thu Oct 23 16:36:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

The code I submitted to RWeb and R is below. The only difference with R is
that I added a read.table line of code, and in RWeb I opened the data file
from the submit button. It does not matter how I subset the data file, it
still doesn't work in RWeb either way. I am attaching my file that I am
using to extract this data from so it is easier to reproduce the result.

#subset the file to only include certain values:

> test<-subset(X, GRADE == 7  & Y_Q10A < 9)
>
> #sort the data by province and the variable Y_Q10A
>
> mydata<-test
>
> mydataSorted<-mydata[ order(mydata$PROV,mydata$Y_Q10A), ]
>
> #Weight the data and aggregate it by province and Y_Q10A
>
> myag<-aggregate(mydataSorted$WTPP,
> by=list(mydataSorted$PROV,mydataSorted$Y_Q10A), FUN=sum, na.rm=TRUE)
>
> #print the aggregated data
>
> print(myag)

Thank-you,

Nat
__________________

I think you have to be either honest or careful, since the code you
submitted to Rweb is different with your former code! Why the
condition was changed from "test<-subset(X, GRADE == 7  & Y_Q10A < 9)"
to "test<-subset(X, PROV==48 & GRADE == 7  & Y_Q10A < 9)"?

By the way, please read the post guide -- I have no way to reproduce
your result.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>
Phone: +86-(0)10-82509086 Fax: +86-(0)10-82509086

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Natalie O'Toole <notoole at mtroyal.ca>
wrote:

> Hi Yihui,
>
> Thank-you for this information. This is the code I am entering into RWeb
> after loading my data file:
>
> #subset the file to only include certain values:
>
> test<-subset(X, GRADE == 7  & Y_Q10A < 9)
>
> #sort the data by province and the variable Y_Q10A
>
> mydata<-test
>
> mydataSorted<-mydata[ order(mydata$PROV,mydata$Y_Q10A), ]
>
> #Weight the data and aggregate it by province and Y_Q10A
>
> myag<-aggregate(mydataSorted$WTPP,
> by=list(mydataSorted$PROV,mydataSorted$Y_Q10A), FUN=sum, na.rm=TRUE)
>
> #print the aggregated data
>
> print(myag)
>
> _
> This does not work. RWeb does not show any results. Here is the response
> am getting from RWeb:
>
> Rweb:> postscript(file= "/tmp/Rout.11012.%03d.ps", onefile=FALSE)
> Rweb:> X <- read.table("/tmp/Rdata.11012.data", header=T)
> Rweb:> attach(X)
> Rweb:> names(X)
> [1] "PUMFID" "PROV"   "REGION" "GRADE"  "Y.Q10A" "WTPP"
> Rweb:>
> Rweb:>
> Rweb:> test<-subset(X, PROV==48 & GRADE == 7  & Y_Q10A < 9)
>
> How can I modify my code above to get it to work in RWeb, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nat

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may