[R] odfWeave error

Rob James rob at aetiologic.ca
Thu Oct 23 21:32:32 CEST 2008

odfWeave is throwing up a cryptic error, after successfully processing a
file with a large number of figures (~30) and many \Sexpr{} calls.  The
error is (at least to me) cryptic. I am not sure where to look to
correct this problem.

Here's the error:

Post-processing the contents
Error in .Call("RS_XML_Parse", file, handlers, endElementHandlers,
as.logical(addContext),  :
  attempt to apply non-function

Is there any way to figure out what this means, or where I might look
for the error in the source?

Here's a capture of the associated log. I am running R 2.8 under Ubuntu
8.04.

Thanks,

 > odfWeave("/home/rob/Trauma/Report_2_draft.odt",
"/home/rob/Trauma/Report_2_draft_out.odt")
  Copying  /home/rob/Trauma/Report_2_draft.odt
  Setting wd to  /tmp/Rtmp2tlRz0/odfWeave23115040235
  Unzipping ODF file using unzip -o Report_2_draft.odt
Archive:  Report_2_draft.odt
 extracting: mimetype
   creating: Configurations2/statusbar/
  inflating: Configurations2/accelerator/current.xml
   creating: Configurations2/floater/
   creating: Configurations2/popupmenu/
   creating: Configurations2/progressbar/
   creating: Configurations2/menubar/
   creating: Configurations2/toolbar/
   creating: Configurations2/images/Bitmaps/
  inflating: layout-cache
  inflating: content.xml
  inflating: styles.xml
 extracting: meta.xml
  inflating: Thumbnails/thumbnail.png
  inflating: settings.xml
  inflating: META-INF/manifest.xml

  Removing  Report_2_draft.odt
  Creating a Pictures directory

  Pre-processing the contents
  Sweaving  content.Rnw

  Writing to file content_1.xml
  Processing code chunks ...
    1 : term hide(label=loadData)
d    2 : term verbatim(label=SiteHist)
ate()
    3 : term verbatim(label=AgeSex)
    4 : term verbatim(label=Sitesex)
    5 : term verbatim(label=SiteHeadNeck)
    6 : term verbatim(label=SiteFace)
    7 : term verbatim(label=SiteChest)
    8 : term verbatim(label=SiteAbdomnen)
    9 : term verbatim(label=SiteGCS_Eyes)
   10 : term verbatim(label=SiteGCS_Verbal)
   11 : term verbatim(label=SiteGCS_Motor)
   12 : term verbatim(label=SiteGCS_total)
   13 : term verbatim(label=SBP)
   14 : term verbatim(label=DBP)
   15 : term verbatim(label=HR)
   16 : term verbatim(label=RESPIRATION)
   17 : term verbatim(label=PF_ADMIT)
   18 : term verbatim(label=O2_admit)
   19 : term verbatim(label=Ph_admit)
   20 : term verbatim(label=DEFICIT)
   21 : term verbatim(label=lactic_acid)

  'content_1.xml' has been Sweaved

  Removing content.xml

  Post-processing the contents
Error in .Call("RS_XML_Parse", file, handlers, endElementHandlers,
as.logical(addContext),  :
  attempt to apply non-function
In addition: There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the
first 50)
 > date()
[1] "Thu Oct 23 12:18:18 2008"