[R] DSC 2009 First announcement

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Oct 24 16:34:08 CEST 2008

hadley wickham wrote:
>> Fee structure (EUR, Academic/Non-Academic/Student)
>> Early: 170/270/90
>> Full: 200/300/100
>> On the Day:  220/330/110
>> ("Students" not including Ph.D. students.)
>
> This is new, isn't it?  I don't think PhD students make any more money
> than other students so it seems a bit unfair to penalise them like
> this. Speaking as someone who has only recently stopped being a PhD
> student, 170 euros is a lot of money!
>
> Hadley

[diverted to r-help]

It depends on where you are in the world. Around here, PhD students are
on (junior) academic salaries. For others, the general travel costs
would dwarf the potential 80 EUR savings rather quickly.  Notice also
that the fee includes the social programme and catering, which
unfortunately are rather expensive in Copenhagen.