[R] combining data from different datasets

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Fri Oct 24 23:44:19 CEST 2008

It's Complicated® :-)-O

I pull the data from a postgresql table, but I am getting
there, thank you the help.

Another question, I am barplotting the continents horizontally,
ie the more participants the lrger the bars are. I have managed
the make the labels (names of the nontinents) to be horizontally
but the longer ones (North and South America) flow off the left
side (right justified).

So, how do I make the plot smaller, and move it to the right so
that the complete names appear? I can make the plot smaller in
inches but that doesn't scale if I enlarge the window.

Pointers to read will be fine, but so far I haven't found it :-)-O

el

On 24 Oct 2008, at 18:24 , Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na>
> wrote:
>>
>> This looks very cool.
>>
>> But I must still make a plan with regards to country = "NA" (Namibia)
>> or continent = "NA" (North America)
>>
>> But there are the vignettes.
>>
>> el
>>

> NA and "NA" are not the same:
>
>> DF <- data.frame(x = c("a", "NA", NA))
>> DF
> 1    a
> 2   NA
> 3 <NA>
>>
>> is.na(NA)
> [1] TRUE
>> is.na("NA")
> [1] FALSE

el at lisse.NA el108-ARIN /   *   |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
PO Box 8421             \     / Please send DNS/NA-NiC related e-mail
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/             to dns-admin at na-nic.com.na