[R] Transferring results from R to MS Word2

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 02:33:23 CEST 2008

Tom:
Supposse your Excel file is named "myExcelFile"
Open myExcelFile and SaveAs "myExcelFile.csv" or "myExcelFile.txt"
Then go to the RConsole and type:
   #Option # 1
mydata <- read.csv("PathTomyExcelFile.csv",header=T)
mydata
# You should be able to see your dataset in R
 # Option # 2
# If you saved your Excel file as text then you would do:
mydata <- read.table("PathTomyExcelFile.txt",header=T,sep="\t")
mydata
# Option # 3
# If you want to leave your workbook as Excel file then you
# would need the  xlsReadWrite package. and write:
mydata <- read.xls("PathTomyExcelFile")
mydata
 # or the easiest one is to download Rcmdr and just click on Data> Import data
 #and select the appropriate file which in this case will be 'from Excel'
 #and just navigate to where your excel file resides. Good luck.

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service