[R] Recommended R books by XLSolutions Corporation

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Wed Oct 29 11:39:11 CET 2008

Well, if you are really serious about this name business, it is much
deeper than just current frequencies of names. Both the popularity of
given personal names and their conjunction with family names varies over
time (see http://www.galbithink.org/names.htm for a good discussion of
the long term changes in naming fashions in the UK). I'm distantly
related to a few hundred people in Australia, none of whom share my
surname as far as I know. Additionally, I am not related to any of the
people in Australia who do share my surname, again as far as I know.

Jim