[R] Suppressing internal grid in filled.contour

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Wed Oct 29 11:47:10 CET 2008

Jonathan Greenberg <greenberg <at> ucdavis.edu> writes:

> ..faint internal grid when running the following command to make a
> filled contour plot of some data I have (x,y,z being the inputs):

filled.contour(interp(x,y,z,duplicate="strip",
xo=seq(1800,3200,length=57),
yo=seq(120,280,length=65)),
col=grey.colors(33,start=0,end=1,gamma=1),nlevels=33,zlim=0:650,
plot.axes={axis(1);axis(2);points(xline,yline,type="l")})

> 	The output is attached to this email via pdf -- I'm using R 2.8.0 on
> MacOS X.  Thanks for any help you all can give me!

Please do not send attachments, most people cannot see this. Instead, better use
self-running code, including simulated data. The above line does not run
(probably because of bad formatting?)

For a similar case, check

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/90744.html

Dieter