[R] sessionInfo() error

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Wed Oct 29 14:04:10 CET 2008

[Using R 2.7.2 on Windows XP]
After re-building our heplots package, I've begun to get the following
error from sessionInfo(),
even though it passes R CMD check and builds without errors:

 > sessionInfo()
Error in x$Priority : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
In addition: Warning message:
In FUN(c("MASS", "heplots", "car", "rgl", "stats", "graphics",
"grDevices",  :
  DESCRIPTION file of package 'heplots' is missing or broken

The DESCRIPTION file is as follows:

Package: heplots
Type: Package
Title: Visualizing Tests in Multivariate Linear Models
Version: 0.8-3
Date: 2008-10-28
Author: John Fox, Michael Friendly, and Georges Monette
Maintainer: John Fox <jfox at mcmaster.ca>
Depends: car, graphics, stats
Suggests: rgl, candisc
LazyLoad: yes
LazyData: yes
hypotheses and for error using ellipses (in two dimensions) and
ellipsoids (in three dimensions).
License: GPL version 2 or newer
Packaged: Wed Jan 31 09:23:10 2007; John Fox

What is wrong here?

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.