[R] Inno setup script request

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 30 13:55:38 CET 2008

On 10/30/2008 7:53 AM, Sebastien JAEGER wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am a public resaerch engineer in marseille (France) and I am currently developping a free software for high throughput experiments in biology using  mainly R (bioconductor). This project is almost at a finalisation stage and I would like to  build an installshield  using  innosetup  for the windows version of my software. The ideal case would  be to also include the required 2.6 version of R  directly in the  installshield, but I am  more familiar with linux than  with windows, and the easyest way for me  do do that would probably be to  modify the innosetup script for R installation to include my files rather than the contrary...
>
> Would you see any opposition against doing so?  and if not,  would it  be possible for you to send me the innosetup script related to the 2.6.2 version of R?

This is certainly possible; the easiest way is to wrap your code in an R
package.  Then the Installation and Administration manual describes how
to get your package included with the R build (see "Building the Inno
Setup Installer").

Be careful with your license:  distributing R this way will require you
to license the package in a GPL 2 compatible way.  So "free" can't just
mean "gratis", it means "libre" too.

Duncan Murdoch