[R] Convert windows package to Linux source package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 30 16:10:07 CET 2008

On 10/30/2008 10:50 AM, Renaud Gaujoux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a simple way, I mean a utility that converts a windows package
> (.zip file) to a Linux source package (tar.gz or even simply extract the
> source code and Rd files needed to run successfully a R CMD check).
> The windows package doesn't have any external lib, C code, etc..., just
> plain R code, so in theory it is quite straight forward (extract the
> code from the functions, and re-separate the Rd files from the man
> directory.
>
> Any idea?

No, no such utility exists as far as I know.  But as you say, it should
be relatively straightforward to write one:  the Rd files are
concatenated and compressed into man/pkg.Rd.gz, and the R files are
concatenated into R/pkg.  You just need to watch out for comments in the
files that will be mistaken for separators.

Duncan Murdoch