[R] LDA predictions

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Tue Sep 2 01:45:02 CEST 2008

I don't really understand this.  You seem willing only to reveal the bit of the process where you are convinced the problem is.  This may not be helpful if the problem lies elsewhere.

I take it you are using the lda() function from MASS, though you don't say.

Let's look at a little example:

require(MASS)
fm <- lda(Species ~ ., iris)
nd <- iris[sample(150, 50),]
pfm <- predict(fm, nd)

This works fine for me.  The result, pfm, is a list three components, "class", "posterior" and "x", all of which look entirely reasonable, and in particular have the right sizes.

So what are you doing, really?

Bill Venables
http://www.cmis.csiro.au/bill.venables/