[R] Problem with dir.create in windows servers

Francisco Jose Sastre fsastre at axesor.es
Wed Sep 3 10:14:26 CEST 2008

Hello. I've being having problems to create directories in a windows
server environment . It seems that the recursive argument is not working
properly on the intranet, as it does in a local path. For example:

> dir.create("\\\\server/directory1/directory2") ,
this works fine, and creates the directory2, but

If we want to create the directory3 and another directory called
directory4 inside of it.
>dir.create("\\\\server/directory1/directory3/directory4", recursive=T)
fails, and don't create any directory. The ShowWarning doesn't show any
message.

Any help please.
Fran.