[R] Free SQL Database with R

drflxms drflxms at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:36:03 CEST 2008

Hello Chibisi,

you might be looking for something like "Rpad"
(http://www.rpad.org/Rpad/). There are some other systems like
SNetscape, Rserve, RSOAP, R.NET.Web as well. Unfortunately I have no
personal experience with these systems so far, so I can't give you any
real advice. I just know them to exist and surfed some testpages.

To me Rpad looks as probably the most feasible system for the task you
describe (and from a cost vs. benefit point of view) . As far as I
understand/remember users need no unusual prerequisites to use Rpad.

For a general overview of GUIs see i.e. http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/.

According to your latest description of the database associated with the
webpage, SQlite probably will suffice and might be easier to handle than
a whole MySQL server - as Hadley Wickham already proposed in his e-mail.
But this all of course depends on your resources as well (i.e. do you
have access to your own root-server, or just some megabytes of ordinary
webspace...?).

Kind regards and greetings from Munich,
Felix.